Dave, Youth Support Services

By | September 5, 2019

Hi, my name is Dave and I’m a youth support worker for Anglicare NT. I’ve been working with young people for probably over 10 years now. If young people have questions about ice and they’re looking for advice they can come in and see someone at Anglicare Youth Services, they can walk in or they can ring up. Come and see a youth worker and talk to them and assess their needs and hopefully point them in the right direction. I don’t think it’s something that they need to be ashamed about. If parents are concerned about their sons or daughters drug use they could try talking to them or they could try contact the agencies that provide support in that area, and we would try and advise them or see if we could assist them or refer them onto the appropriate service. For carers and families seeking support I would recommend the same kind of services they could contact even though it’s a youth service we would try and give them information about addiction or how they could help. They could contact the Australian Drug Foundation, they’ve got a nationwide helpline number, they could contact Headspace or Daisy, which is Drug and Alcohol Intensive Support for youth run by Catholic Care. Any of these agencies will give them support or advice in relation to young people using drugs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *